All our riggers are trained to BS EN 1263-2. Safety Net Services has set itself apart from its competitors by ensuring the quality and training of its workforce through minimal use of sub-contract labour.
Safety Net Services is one of the founder members of FASET - the trade association and training body for safety netting. FASET sets the standards for the supply, training and installation of safety nets in the UK.
All our riggers undergo a specialised NVQ 'General Riggers Training' course written by FASET industry experts.
Our new recruits undergo at least 200 hours of practical and classroom training; only once
the NVQ test and assessments are complete can they apply for a full CSCS/FASET Safety Net Rigger Card as proof of their competence.
Modules covered as part of the NVQ course include:
- Safe working at height
- Working at height legislation
- Safety Net Technology
- Rigging principles and techniques
- Attachment points
- Inspection of Safety Nets
- Care and storage of nets
- Rigging skills and knot tying
In addition to the above many of our riggers are also trained in:
- IRATA rope access training
- IPAF training working with MEWPS
- COMBISAFE edge protection
- Construction Site Supervisor - View Certificate